Who can get help to prevent falls?
- History of falls in the last 12 months
- Fear of falling
- Balance Problems/Feeling unsteady/any dizziness/passing out:
- 4 or more medications a day (number):
- Use of a walking Aid
- Medical condition that affects balance (Parkinson’s, Stroke, Dementia)
- Medically Stable/ any conditions under control:
If your are eligible for our Falls Prevention programme you will be booked into a group near you. This is a 36 weeks programme where you attend once a week for the duration of the programme. You will receive a falls assessment to identify all the things that may be contributing to this, as well as take part in a strength and balance exercise programme. At the end of the 36 week programme you can be signposted to Active Life for an optional additional 14 weeks service.