Today is the official Random Acts of Kindness day (and all this week too!). Encouraging people to do some small acts of kindness can really help to make someone’s day.
- Pay for a coffee for the person in the queue behind you.
- Buy a hot meal for a homeless person and maybe have a chat with them
- Pay a stranger or someone you don’t know very well a compliment
- Donate to a small charity
- Give a friend a little present
- Give Blood
- Give someone your seat on a busy bus, tube or train
- Call a friend or relative you haven’t spoken to for a long time
- Donate some flowers to a nursing home
- Buy treats for your co-workers
- Get some shopping for an elderly neighbour
- Leave a post-it note saying something kind like “You’re Awesome” on a public toilet mirror
The options for random acts of kindness are endless. So have a think of things you can do to make someone’s day brighter.